Sunday, February 1, 2009

Excuse to post: Too much crap to talk that no one really gives a damn about but I really don’t give a damn about the others who already don’t give a damn and is currently doing an unnecessarily long post title just to entertain the reader a little before going onto the wreck that is this post. It is clearly from the mind of a really bored person. Bored enough to still be writing this title… Okay… I’ll stop now.

I find myself thinking on how times change quite a lot. My life itself is pretty dull, but I like to take myself on a trip of how I’ve spent my internet time across these years.

To think that I started out my soloing with AOL. I needed an ISP at that time (10th grade) and had a Frisbee trial CD so we went with it. I was limited, but at least it was not a 14 Kbps connection, so I really did not mind that much. I could finally update my computer which I really hadn’t done before. Most of that time is very foggy.

I still carried a couple of things from the even-before times. Like the SPC music I had on my sister’s old computer (and by old, I mean Windows 95). In fact, I’m currently listening to one of them 6 years later. I’ve always liked videogame music, it breaks away from the standards that we hear everyday on radio, CD’s, etc. I’ve always found myself to be different, and I was right.

Not much after, I encountered the customization world, which at that time was ruled by WindowsBlinds (according to my point of view at the time). At first sight, I was shocked. It felt like I could break a century old tradition and try to make my PC my way. By that time I was also getting into technology news. I still remember a few things of the whole Sasser, MyDoom, etc crap and the Windows XP Service Pack 2 craze. Good times indeed. (Good as in everything was a ---- chaos that it amused me.)

On the personal side, I’ve somehow developed an interest toward werewolves. Of course, it means that it managed to pass my criteria (Note: Hard criteria is HARD). Also, at the same time I was starting out in a Rockman.EXE community. With that happening, I was also following a site that specialized on Pokemon Glitches (wut?). Basically, it’s the only thing that makes them take a special place inside of me. The others suck anyway, but hey, I left a footprint there. (If only those carts would just burst into flames…)

Much later on I was doing another werewolf image search (Go Google!) until I stumbled upon what happened to be a desktop screenshot of a wallpaper and a Winamp skin of a quite intriguing werewolf. It was blue, and I’m quite the sucker for blue. So yeah, more Google adventures awaited!

Detouring a little, around that time, I was also hooked with OverClocked Remix and a bit after came to me the wonderful thing that was StarFox 2. Geeky moments arose. Which reminds me, I need to get a certain MP3 from there…

After having dried up my resources from familiar sites, I decided to go further in. I decided to search across the Japanese intarwebs and expand my search results. I have to say… It was… Oh it was just so ~~~ AWESOME! Along the route, I once again stumbled onto something. This time, it was the Vista Transformation Pack. MORE AWESOME! Ever since that time I’ve been the king of customization locally. Nobody seemed to customize their computers, so a little used to be a lot. There were many other things that were happening during all of this time, but this were the most common ones. A common routine if you may. Time passed, and with the exception of the whole Vista thing, I was pretty much happy with what I had. Of course, other things like Haruhi, Okkusenman, multiple Rockman games addiction modo, etc. (Crap, I geeked it too much there)

I practically had drained out all of the content that was relevant to my interests so I put my attention on tech sites trying to expand my computer knowledge. I couldn’t just stand by idly with my OEM license and just basic information forever.

Of course, it wasn’t until someone opened up the gate to the domain of ZUN. I pretty much became a Touhou whore, but I can’t stop praising the guy. So much awesome in a body with a liver of steel.

At this point I’m pretty much rushing my thoughts due to reaching the fourth page according to my notebook in which I’m writing this post draft (and currently making changes as I type it). Now the most recent thing (while skipping A LOT of content) has been playing Perfect World (and here I thought I was never going to play a mmo). I started out as a joke and just to please my friends. As time passed, I grew on it. Let’s just say that there’s much to be seen as you level up in a game with people on all the time.

Studying at the university, working as a computer technician, ZUN fanboy, and a slow net game player. This is what I currently stand by as (got a problem with that?). There are MANY things untold, but most of them are quite personal, if not forgotten. Still, it’s fun to look back at what kind of files existed back then.

The most interesting part… No knowledge of what will come.

Maybe… I might do an attempt at those 4comas (koma?) about them silly lag spikes while playing or something someday.

And after typing all of this… my back hurts… Well, back to werk. (<not a typo)

No comments: