Saturday, July 26, 2008

Project ~ Construction IS DONE!

After suffering while trying to build a new PC I finally did it!

So here's the thing. My original plan was to replace my processor, but my computer was old. This turns into having to buy a new motherboard. Turns out that I can't use my RAM and my DVD Drive due to it having one IDE slot; I also couldn't turn it on due to my case being from HP... and old. Then I bought new RAM (unveliebably cheap) and a new case. I wrapped up my DVD drive with my HDD and viola! A new computer!

And I must say... I feel awesome after doing all of this. This was technically my first time doing this much on a computer so I was kinda nervous. I also never expected it to become like this.

I would put some pictures up, but my sister took the camera again to not use it again...

New Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS something.... (too long)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
HDD: Same ol' 70 GB drive from the old one
RAM: One stick of 1 GB
Video: 256 MB... 1/2 of what I used to have, but I don't care.

No comments: